Coordinator, Physical AntipiracyApply NowApply Later Job ID 876679BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 26, 2021
The successful candidate will be part of the team charged with combating online sales of counterfeits and other physical misuses of the Company’s copyrighted works and trademarks in markets all over the world.
The purpose of this position would be to provide paralegal assistance for Physical Antipiracy operations, freeing qualified paralegals to focus on higher level work. The person will assist in conducting investigations, internet research, and collection and preservation of evidence, as well as intra-company checks with databases and business unit personnel both to confirm infringements and to prepare enforcement matters for prosecution.
The position is needed to implement a larger initiative requested and approved by DPEP to address the growing threat of online piracy as well as assist with the multiple needs of an increasing docket of civil litigation, criminal and administrative enforcement matters in the US and abroad, as well as researching and monitoring existing and potential enforcement targets worldwide. The position is also needed to assist with increasing demands for more particularized reporting on enforcement projects, programs and individual actions, as well as for heavy (and rapidly increasing) data management and reporting. The successful candidate will assist in actual prosecution of enforcement matters, including monitoring compliance by (former) infringers following action.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include evidence management, fact finding, data management and reporting including, but not limited to:
- Internet and other forms of research; documentation of infringing uses/collections and preservation of evidence with chain of custody and other formalities necessary to allow use of such evidence in courts and other legal venues
- Checks to confirm reported misuses are not, in fact, authorized and that there is no Company relationship with any of the suspects
- Significant data / document management including reconciling conflicting reports and gaps in in reports from various sources using various proprietary and public databases
- Communications with certain business unit and other Corporate groups’ representatives (such as ILS and product integrity) at appropriate levels
- Special assignments may include preparation of presentation decks for attorneys to deliver to client groups and preparation of exhibit materials for court hearings and other legal venues.
- Willingness to become a notary public (with assistance from the team)
- Minimum one year experience in legal or other relevant field
- Strong proficiency with internet research and navigation as well as with standard office tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and database functions, especially on the Salesforce and Anaqua platforms;
- Generally tech savvy; able to learn and interest in learning new skills necessary to keep pace with an ever-changing piracy landscape;
- Professionalism and maintenance of absolute confidentiality;
- Excellent verbal, written and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, resourceful, flexible, and responsible;
- Extremely well organized and attentive to detail and nuance along with ability and willingness to assist in meticulous maintenance of customized database and electronic and physical records and preparation of reports; and
- Positive attitude, including willingness to assist the entire Antipiracy team when and as needed along with a sense of enjoyment in work well done.
- Some foreign language capabilities
- Experience with eDocs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Additional Information:#LegalAffairs #CORP_MEDIA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.