Coordinator, Program Scheduling (Disney Channel)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 733666BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Channel Date posted Dec. 17, 2019
- Schedule episodes, movies, shorts, and stunts for Disney Channel into SIMS scheduling system
- Monitor ratings performance and competitive landscape daily in order to recommend and implement schedule changes to grow franchises and maintain a competitive advantage across all platforms
- Disseminate listings, premieres and series play dates to relevant parties
- Create and maintain SIMS database information including series names, episode titles, synopses, guest stars, closed captioning and holiday information
- Propose lists of episodes that will most appropriately fit a planned stunt on linear and non-linear platforms as well as keep stunt documentation updated with this information
- Update and distribute series episodic rollout information
- Track competitive programming and scheduling information
- Attend key meetings with Marketing, Media Planning, Traffic, S&P, Operations, etc.
- Serve as point person for occasional database maintenance testing
- Ad hoc projects and reporting as needed
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under deadline pressure
- Must have a positive and can-do attitude
- Must be team-oriented
- At least 1 year in a media scheduling related position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Teams), Keynote for Mac, Google Docs/Calendar
- Knowledge of SIMS, WideOrbit or similar broadcast management systems
- Passion for children’s television
- Familiarity with Disney Channel content
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Television, Media, Communications or similar field, or equivalent work experience
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.