Coordinator, Publishing Administration (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 908190BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Music Group Date posted Jan. 09, 2022
This role will operate as part of a team under the Data Cleansing and Alignment (DCA) initiative as part of Project Steamboat (Steamboat). Steamboat is a DMG project to overhaul and replace systems and processes with respect to Music Publishing, Licensing and Royalties processing/repertoire management. The goal of DCA is to prepare and align metadata across two separate systems for eventual migration over to one unified system (currently referred to as “Unified Repertoire”).
The Publishing Administrator Coordinator will utilize a tool called Talend to align metadata in both a record label repertoire system, known as Dnote, as well as, a publishing repertoire and royalty system, known as Counterpoint. The role will also utilize the internet to research and verify publisher ownership and splits for non-Disney controlled compositions.
- Research publishing ownership and update Dnote to reflect correct ownership and splits for assigned projects.
- Utilize Talend interface to review and compare data points across internal systems and update Dnote with necessary metadata for alignment.
- Delete duplicate entries and/or bad data from Dnote.
- Working knowledge of music publishing and copyright licensing administration
- Familiarity with Harry Fox eMechanical and Counterpoint systems
- Basic command of Performing Rights Organization (PRO) websites
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and meet KPIs
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of music publishing and/or music licensing experience preferred
- Passion for metadata!
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world’s biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.