Already applied?View Dashboard
Coordinator - Ratings PublicityApply Now Apply Later Job ID 597652BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Oct. 01, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney ABC/Television Group, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
Disney-ABC Television (DAT) seeks a Coordinator, Ratings Publicity with a strong interest in the cable television landscape to assist in the timely completion and publication of ratings press releases for Disney Channel, Disney Jr., Disney XD, Freeform and some ABC content. This role will help in increasing the visibility of DAT cable networks among the Press. The position will report to the Publicity Director, Ratings Publicity. A successful candidate in this role must have the ability to self-motivate and work in a detail-oriented, fast-paced multi-network environment.
- Use data gathered from NNTV and other Nielsen ratings software to assist in the creation of ratings press releases
- Answer follow-up questions from both the Press and internally once ratings releases have been disseminated
- Maintain weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly tracks of ratings for all Disney Channel, Disney Jr., Disney XD and Freeform programs
- Work with the Research departments of the cable networks of DAT to obtain additional data to include in ratings releases (ie, Reach, social media and digital data)
- Monitor video views counts on the Jimmy Kimmel Live YouTube page for potential digital ratings releases
- Manage weekly ratings tracks for competing and popular cable series
- Perform ad hoc ratings requests for the Press and provide support within the department as needed
- Strong knowledge of Nielsen National TV View, WRAP and other Nielsen ratings programs
- High level of interest in cable landscape preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of Research experience
- Familiarity with multi-platform, social media and digital ratings a plus
- Must be able to work occasional weekends
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Excel macro familiarity a plus
- Nielsen ratings software experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or relevant work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Riverside Television Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
Riverside Television Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.