Copyright Administration CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 772398BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Music Group Date posted Feb. 22, 2021
Responsibilities:Complete day-to-day publishing administration responsibilities under the direction of the Senior Manager, including the following:
- Perform general song catalog administration and maintenance tasks (e.g., song set up and entry in DMP royalty system, song matching, suspense and error income maintenance).
- Interface with various departments to obtain appropriate rights agreements and related documentation (e.g., cue sheets, soundtrack roadmaps), and research and analyze such agreements and documentation to ensure accurate and prompt set-up and administration of Disney works in DMP royalty system.
- Assist DMP clients with the vendor process in order to receive royalties.
- Work collaboratively with Business Affairs, Accounting, Finance and A&R teams to complete all responsibilities.
- Provide administrative support as necessary.
- Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required.
- 1-3 years music publishing or related experience
- Basic knowledge of current music publishing administration procedures
- Familiarity with copyright protocol, performing/mechanical rights, intellectual property rights and new technology developments (including digital media) and basic royalty accounting procedures
- Superb organizational ability
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written/oral communication and analytical abilities,
- Team player
- Reliable and dedicated work ethic
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and iMaestro preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world’s biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.