Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Corporate Real Estate Controls Intern - Summer/Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 727150BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 10, 2020
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
The position is within the Controls department of Corporate Real Estate. This group works closely with Project Management in financial management and construction accounting of all real estate-related capital projects.
A Day in the Life…
- Support for the set-up and maintenance of project Development Cost Reporting
- Tracking of contract commitments and invoice documentation for project costs
- Assist with monitoring of financial projects
- Other responsibilities related to real estate project finance may be added as needed
What we are looking for…
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work without close-supervision
- MS Excel (intermediate to advanced)
- An interest in learning about the financial management of real estate-related projects
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated within 6 months with) an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting or other business related field.
Preferred EducationExperience or academic coursework in the following fields is preferred:
- Real estate finance
- Construction accounting
- Real estate development
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2020 to January 2021.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program in California.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.