Counsel, ABC Entertainment, Legal AffairsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 711738BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Oct. 24, 2019
Responsibilities:Handling agreements and resolving legal issues in connection with development, production, licensing and promotion of television programs for ABC Entertainment. Drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide variety of agreements and deals, including acquisition, development and licensing of scripted and reality programming, late night, theatricals, movies-for-television, specials, sponsorship agreements, marketing and promotional agreements and production of original programming. Analysis and advice in connection with legal rights and obligations, deal structure, guild agreements, intellectual property matters, claims, clearances, audits and other matters arising out of the day-to-day operations of a national, commercial, free television network. Responsibilities will include supporting general marketing/publicity legal matters such as drafting and negotiating marketing agreements, advising on talent and other rights approvals, creative clearances, as well as the production of original promotional content. Clients will include such other departments as Business Affairs, Creative, Production, Production Finance, Participations, Marketing, Brand Management, Promotions, and S&P.
- Minimum of 5 years of law firm and/or in-house transactional experience, with some experience in entertainment legal (preferably television).
- Familiarity with licensing/distribution/acquisition agreements and intellectual property law (copyright and trademark).
- Strong drafting, negotiating and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to work under deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority projects.
- Detail oriented, hard working, responsible team player.
- Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent, sound judgment.
- A professional, confident demeanor and an ability to work well with colleagues and to communicate effectively and positively with clients and all levels of management, including providing counsel to senior level executives.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve in a professional, creative and ethical manner.
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and office-related software.
- Experience at a major law firm.
- Experience at Broadcast or Cable Television Network.
- Admission to California State Bar Association (or Registered In-House Counsel)
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.