Counsel, Disney+ Content MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 843956BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Oct. 18, 2021
- You will support the Disney+ Content Marketing business, creative, and production teams, as well as content marketing video production for other business units within The Walt Disney Company.
- You will also be responsible for legal matters arising in connection with premieres and other live marketing events and activations in support of the Disney+ platform and content.
- In connection with this work, you will negotiate and draft a variety of agreements, including but not limited to production services agreements, above-the-line talent agreements, crew agreements, location agreements, vendor agreements, and other production-related agreements.
- You will evaluate and advise the business and creative teams on issues including clearance matters, labor and guild issues, and other concerns as they arise, coordinating with other legal teams, stakeholders, and subject matter experts across the company as needed.
- Admission and in good standing status in a state Bar association and the willingness and qualification to be Authorized House Counsel under Chapter 17, of the Rules Regulating the California Bar
- Minimum 3-5 years of legal experience.
- Superior drafting, negotiation, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment and act as a resource to colleagues. Ability to build interdepartmental relationships at all levels. Expected to take ownership of projects and work independently, but also collaborate with other attorneys and subject matter experts in the group and across the company, in particular seeking guidance on more complex or high-risk matters.
- Excellent professional communication skills. Attorney will coordinate with Disney+ Marketing Creative, Business Affairs, Production, and Clearance teams, other studio attorneys, talent reps/attorneys, as well as with Walt Disney Company subject matter experts (e.g., labor, intellectual property, employment, music, immigration, risk management, safety, brand, etc.) to address issues that affect production of content and live events.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, take initiative and act proactively, identify and analyze complex issues, evaluate and articulate risk, exercise judgment, and present options and recommendations to higher-level attorneys, business, creative, and production executives to help shape business and strategic decisions made by those individuals.
- Ability to evaluate and reconcile issues from the business-unit and enterprise level perspective.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and time management skills with the ability to work under deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority, and high volume projects in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Prior entertainment industry experience preferred, either in-house or at a law firm, including production legal, new media, and marketing.
- Experience drafting and negotiating new media, marketing, SVOD, and/or other entertainment contracts preferred.
- JD or equivalent
- Strong academic credentials
Additional Information:#legalaffairs #corp_media #li-jb3
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.