Counsel - FreeformApply Now Apply Later Job ID 749972BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 25, 2020
- Draft, negotiate, and oversee a wide variety of entertainment agreements, including those involving the development and production of television pilots and series produced by Freeform.
- Provide analysis and advice in connection with legal rights and obligations, intellectual property matters (chain of title, trademarks, copyrights), claims, production clearances (defamation, rights of publicity and privacy), and other matters.
- Provide general oversight and legal supervision over all legal matters that relate to assigned projects.
- Provide counsel to creative, business affairs, and production executives, and to television writers and producers with respect to original and complex fact-based projects.
- Continue to develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the industry
- Continue to develop external legal contacts to learn and stay abreast of industry trends/legal developments
- A minimum of four (4) years of entertainment, intellectual property, corporate transactions and/or litigation experience at a law firm or major corporate or studio legal department
- Possess basic knowledge of industry best practices specific to business or legal specialty
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, problem solving, analytical, and time management skills with the ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects, and a keen attention to detail
- Excellent academic credentials and references
- Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent, sound judgment
- Strong drafting, negotiation and communication skills, along with the ability to work under deadline and provide significant individual contributions while working as part of a diverse and dynamic team
- Ability to build professional, interdepartmental relationships at multiple levels
- Computer literacy and proficiency
- JD required (with CA Bar membership)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.