Counsel – Securities & Corporate GovernanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 10016997 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 17, 2023
The Walt Disney Company is seeking an attorney with strong transactional skills to join its Corporate Governance and Securities Regulation team. You’d be a key member of a fast-paced team that supports the Company’s Board of Directors and manages securities, general corporate, transactional and corporate governance matters. This position will support all aspects of governance and securities law compliance and disclosure matters, including: advising on compliance with Delaware corporate law; the Company’s governing documents; securities laws and related regulations; NYSE rules; and other legal requirements.
This position currently reports to: Associate Principal Counsel
What you will be doing:
- Draft and provide counsel in support of SEC, NYSE and other securities filings, including current and periodic reports and announcements, Section 16 filings, registration statements, proxy statements and other regulatory filings and reports
- Assist with corporate compliance with applicable securities laws and NYSE regulations
- Draft and prepare materials for Board of Directors, committee and stockholder meetings
- Assist with implementing and overseeing the Company’s insider trading compliance program
- Draft resolutions, consents, governing documents, certificates and minutes
- Draft and maintain governance-related policies and procedures
- Maintain corporate calendars
Here’s what you will need to be successful in this role:
- Admission and good standing status in a state Bar Association with willingness and qualification to be Authorized House Counsel.
- 3+ years of practicing attorney experience
- In-house and/or law firm corporate transactional, governance or finance experience
- Experience with public company corporate governance, including preparation of Board materials and agendas
- Experience preparing and reviewing SEC filings
- Experience in corporate drafting, including resolutions, consents, minutes, certificates, charters and bylaws
- Ability to handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and meet deadlines and work proactively
- Very strong work ethic, organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to own and solve problems, working independently and collaboratively
- High social IQ to build bridges and encourage people to want to work with you to foster cross-department collaboration
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed
It would be great if you also had these skills/experiences:
- Experience working in a large national law firm or in-house at a Fortune 100 company
- Experience developing, implementing or maintaining corporate procedures and policies
- Strong knowledge of California and Delaware corporate law
- Electronic board portals (Boardvantage, Diligent or similar)
- Electronic document filing and maintenance
- EDGAR filing and SEC reporting software
Location: Burbank, CA
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is: $139,910 - $181,060 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
#legalaffairs, #LI-TD2 #CORP_MEDIA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.