Counsel - Studio Legal Affairs - MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 822567BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 22, 2021
- Negotiates, drafts, reviews, analyzes, and manages contracts related to theatrical marketing to include, but not limited to, service agreements, talent releases, sponsorship agreements, and content licensing agreements. Such matters and projects may include from time to time those related to motion picture products released on streaming platforms such as Disney+ and Hulu.
- Coordinates with Walt Disney Company subject matter experts (e.g., intellectual property, music, piracy, employment, labor, risk management, etc.) to address issues arising from global marketing and advertising content.
- Works independently or with more senior members of the team to review, assess and provide guidance to business teams on marketing and advertising campaigns relating to company policies, privacy, safety, intellectual property, compliance and clearance issues.
- Minimum 3 years legal experience
- Strong drafting, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to work under deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority and high volume projects
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise solutions and strategies with awareness to seek guidance of more senior team members as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel including senior level executives
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with members within the department and personnel in other legal and business groups
- 5 years Legal Affairs experience
- Entertainment industry experience
- JD or equivalent
- Strong academic credentials
- Admission to California State Bar in good standing or willingness and qualifications to be Registered In-House Counsel
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.