Counsel – Technology, Digital Media & Television OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 734776BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 08, 2020
This person will work independently, and with senior attorneys and paralegals, while continuing to develop legal expertise, judgment and capacity to work independently on more complex matters.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating technology/digital media and television operations related agreements, amendments and other legal documentation, including but not limited to, software licenses, professional services agreements, software as a service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and software/system evaluation agreements.
- Providing analysis and advice in connection with legal rights and obligations, deal structures, claims, audits and other matters.
- Advising clients and management on the legal issues impacting the strategic plans of the company.
- Establishing best practices and procedures to further the strategic plans and day-to-day operations of this legal group.
- Consulting and collaborating with legal and business partners across the company on agreements, matters and initiatives pertaining to technology, digital media and/or television operations.
- Ongoing development of technology and legal expertise, as well as judgment and capacity to work independently on more complex legal matters.
- A minimum of 5 years of legal experience at a reputable law firm and/or in-house legal department. Previous in-house experience at a network, studio, or technology company is preferred.
- Familiarity with and interest in technology and digital media related issues.
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements, preferably technology and/or digital media related agreements.
- Fast learner with excellent client service, including project ownership from start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to identify and analyze issues and devise solutions and strategies.
- Ability to work independently, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts and issues effectively with all levels and management.
- Initiative and attention to detail.
- Team oriented with a positive “can do” attitude and a solution oriented approach to legal issues.
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and collaboratively under tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and other office-related software.
Required EducationLaw degree from an accredited law school. Active bar membership required (California is strongly preferred).
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.