CounselApply NowApply Later Job ID 7118765020220410 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
ABC Entertainment is seeking an experienced attorney with strong transactional skills and entertainment background to be part of its Legal Affairs team. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for providing legal support for ABC’s & General Entertainment’s Content Marketing team and legal matters in connection with unscripted television projects.
- Provide legal support for ABC’s & General Entertainment’s marketing efforts across all platforms, including review of marketing and promotional materials, and managing, negotiating and drafting, among others, production-related agreements, digital agreements, cross-promotions, event agreements and sponsorships, etc.
- Advise marketing/publicity clients on Disney policies, business strategy, and legal issues and risks.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of production and talent agreements for original unscripted television, providing legal counsel to creative and business affairs executives and other key stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner, and providing thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues.
- Handling agreements and resolving legal issues in connection with development, production, licensing and promotion of television programs for ABC Entertainment.
- Analysis and advice in connection with legal rights and obligations, deal structure, guild agreements, intellectual property matters, claims, clearances, audits and other matters arising out of the day-to-day operations of a national, commercial, free television network.
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of five (5) years of law firm and/or in-house transactional experience, with some experience in entertainment legal (preferably television or streaming).
- Familiarity with production, licensing, acquisition agreements and intellectual property law (copyright and trademark).
- Strong drafting, negotiating and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to work under deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority projects.
- Detail oriented, hard working, responsible team player.
- Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent, sound judgment.
- A professional, confident demeanor and an ability to work well with colleagues and to communicate effectively and positively with clients and all levels of management, including providing counsel to senior level executives.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve in a professional, creative and ethical manner.
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and office-related software.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience as a lawyer at a major law firm.
- Television studio, production company, and/or intellectual property experience preferred.
- Experience in, or providing support legal advice in support of, the advertising industry
Required Education :
- Admission to California State Bar Association (or Registered In-House Counsel)
#legalaffairs, #LI-TD2 #CORP_MEDIA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.