Already applied?View Dashboard
Creative Associate, WDT Executive Incubator Program (Project Hire)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 686833BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jun. 28, 2019
Job Summary:We are searching for Creative Associates who are passionate about creating compelling television content that resonates with diverse audiences around the world. Creative Associates will participate in our new Executive Incubator Program, a two-year rotational program at ABC Entertainment and Freeform designed to create a pipeline of next generation network executives. Upon successful completion of the two-year rotational program you will be eligible for a possible full-time Creative Manager role.
Creative Associates selected for the program will gain experience in all aspects of network business. This development program offers you the opportunity to shadow and work with senior executives, participate in the creative process, get a high-level view of various departments, develop your skills through hands-on projects, and participate in other learning opportunities at Walt Disney Television (WDT).
Responsibilities:As part of this program, you will:
- Gain experience and exposure to various business areas throughout the rotational experience, in such areas as Creative Development, Current Programming, Casting, Scheduling & Programming, Marketing, Business Affairs, Consumer Insights, and Communications.
- Work closely with department executives and shadow various aspects of the network creative development cycle from conception to pilots, including casting, attending pitch meetings, and reading scripts.
- Shadow and participate in various aspects of network current series oversight, including staffing, attending table reads, giving notes on material, and interfacing with other network departments and partners on series creative.
- Support departmental projects, including, but not limited to: updating and maintaining charts and reports, preparing PowerPoint presentations and internal grids, writing coverage and summaries, researching new opportunities and trends, logging and organizing submissions, assisting production teams with logistics, and other projects as needed.
- Learn with other Creative Associates through monthly programming, including business presentations, mentor/sponsor discussions, trainings, social events, etc.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in a creative discipline or industry.
- A Passion for creating compelling television and the desire for a career in media.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
- An ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Adaptable, at ease with a rapidly-changing environment and assignments and able to adjust to rotating work assignments.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- A willingness and ability to work in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Three or more years of work experience in the entertainment industry.
- A basic understanding of the television creative process.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.