Already applied?View Dashboard
Creative AV CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 689946BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 16, 2019
Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Marketing is a dynamic, results-driven marketing team responsible for positioning films released by Disney (live action), Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios. This organization oversees the Studios’ global marketing strategy encompassing creative, media, digital, international, promotions, publicity, research, special events, and synergy, and handles some the most valuable film brands and franchises of all time. Thanks in large part to the efforts of the marketing team, The Walt Disney Studios was the first studio to pass $7 billion at the global box office in 2016.
In this role you will provide daily administrative and creative support for the SVP and the Creative Film Services team. You’re responsible for all operational aspects of the team: coordinating deadlines with our functional partners in Media, organizing all internal requests from the broader Marketing department, liaising between Creative vendors, and routing all creative assets for Filmmaker approval and Legal clearances. Your attitude will be “I’ll take care of it”. You’re outgoing and not afraid to be pro-active – you are an advocate for getting things done! You are humorous and can handle yourself in a bullpen type atmosphere and smile in the midst of the storm. You thrive in a creative environment and are at your best when part of a tight, productive team.
Responsibilities:Serve as Coordinator for the department, supporting the work of this team in the following ways:
- Handle all creative assets – download, catalogue, organize, prep for meetings, organize/file (you’ll be the central hub for all assets so your ability to locate and pull these easily and with little notice will be key)
- Be the initial single point of contact for our internal stakeholders, external vendors, studios and filmmakers
- Coordinate all traffic of incoming/outgoing requests, deliverables and deadlines
- Proactively support the project management of each key department deliverable (e.g. keep the team on top of deadlines, requests, changes, etc.)
- Meeting coordination including logistics, preparation, invitations and materials (e.g. key up all creative assets for weekly Marketing Executive meetings)
- Manage all vendor relationships including updating them on projects, sharing assets, vetting their security measures, etc.
- Coordinate and submit scripts packets for Talent reads
- Route material for filmmaker approval & legal clearances
- Answering calls
- Calendar management (scheduling, long-range and day-to-day meetings)
- Create and reconcile expense reports in SAP
- Manage travel when necessary
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail and draft correspondence
- Highly efficient & organized
- Able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks with grace
- Anticipate what needs to be done and unafraid of rolling up your sleeves and taking action
- Comfortable with exerting authority within the scope of your work
- Great at managing relationships across all levels, and can make smart decisions about who to involve and when
- Comfortable working across both Mac and PC platforms
- Familiar with Quicktime and/or have a general understanding of the process/workings of editing suites
- Experienced with project management
- Astute and highly capable of handling deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Able to work maturely with a high level of confidentiality
- Reliable and reachable
- Experience in or an understanding of the creative advertising process, film production, special effects, AV editing/finishing process
- Experience of utilizing Photoshop
- Experience of working within creative marketing, or a film studio/production environment (either at Disney or elsewhere)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.