Creative Director, Entertainment Brand SolutionsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 699449BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 14, 2019
The Disney Advertising Sales Creative Studio (ABC, Disney Channel, Disney Digital/Social and more) focuses on this artful blend of entertainment and marketing, creating content and experiences between outside brands, and voices within The Walt Disney Company. We are responsible for the overall creative vision of The Walt Disney Company’s advertising sales through ideation, development and execution of leading-edge, innovative and enticing client-focused programs – directly leading to incremental revenue.
The Creative Director, Entertainment Brand Solutions will direct the Creative Team’s content executions across multiple platforms and networks, creating unique cobranded initiatives. They will be responsible for hitting revenue goals while maintaining the creative standards of The Walt Disney Company. They will be trusted with supporting the overall creative vision of Disney Advertising Sales by leading internal and external creative production groups in the ideation, development, and execution of leading-edge, innovative, and enticing client-focused programs directly leading to incremental revenue. The ideal candidate is an expert writer with expertise in successful social-first programs. Experience in short form social/digital creative development is crucial. This role will focus on Disney Channels Worldwide and Disney Digital, while also supporting creative efforts across all of Disney Advertising Sales.
Responsibilities:This role will direct the Creative Team’s content executions across multiple platforms and networks, creating unique cobranded initiatives. She/he will be responsible for hitting revenue goals while maintaining the creative standards of The Walt Disney Company. She/he is trusted with supporting the overall creative vision of Disney Advertising Sales by leading internal and external creative production groups in the ideation, development, and execution of leading-edge, innovative, and enticing client-focused programs directly leading to incremental revenue. The ideal candidate is an expert writer with expertise in successful social-first programs. Experience in short form social/digital creative development is crucial. This role will focus on Disney Channels Worldwide and Disney Digital, while also supporting creative efforts across all of Disney Advertising Sales.
- Ideate, position and package our content offerings (both proactive and reactive) while developing out of the box, compelling integrations for advertisers.
- Reporting to the Vice President, this person will direct and nurture an internal team of writers/producers/managers to create and execute branded content for Disney Advertising Sales.
- Direct co-branded creative projects from initial ideation stages through production and final execution. This includes but is not limited to: Promotions, Promercials, Commercials, Integrations, Custom Content, Bumpers, Social Campaigns, Still Photography, Location-Based Activations and Live Events.
- Empower the team to manage projects, troubleshoot as needed, and mentor the team members by attuning to their unique strengths while overcoming challenges.
- Be the critical resource for the Sales teams by providing sellable intellectual product.
- Work to build the reputation of the Creative Group with the ability to not only stay abreast, but to “see ahead” of consumer trends, societal moods, and advertising themes and translate these into creative opportunities that advertising partners cannot ignore.
- Creative direct large-budget (350K+) productions, instilling the trust of external agencies and brands.
- Lead Creative meetings and brainstorm sessions with a “social first” POV.
- Represent the Creative Team in external and internal meetings with executives and agency leads.
- Hire and manage production teams (internal and external) to determine budget and resources needed.
- Write & develop internal and external presentations, supporting and showcasing the work of DAS.
- Maintain a repertoire of, and relationships with, outside creative agencies (production houses, post houses, photographers, etc.) and align specific vendors with respective projects for the highest quality content at the lowest cost.
- Protect the invaluable brand of Disney by knowing how and when to leverage our IP for a sponsor, while compromising neither brand and ideally enhancing both.
- Ability to communicate clearly and swiftly with multiple stakeholders (Agency, Legal, Marketing, Publicity, etc.) to efficiently manage projects on-time and on-budget.
- 10+ years of experience in production, promotion, consumer marketing or creative agency with proven financial results and creative recognition
- 3+ years in a Director-level position
- Must be able to not only speak the language of an advertising agency, but translate and articulate it in a production environment
- Exemplary written communication skills, including formatted narrative scripting, creative treatments, pitches, and more
- Superior and persuasive pitching/presentation skills with the ability to “read the room” and tailor your pitch to the intended audience
- Working knowledge of, and parlance in, multiple forms of creative expression including graphic design, animation, storyboarding, music scoring, etc.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional storytelling and writing expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understand all aspects of production (pre through post)
- Able to be effective in a matrixed environment
- Well-developed organizational skills & project management
COVER LETTER REQUIRED.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.