Creative DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 768723BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 16, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
The Creative Marketing team is responsible for creating and managing of marketing assets (A/V, static, print, out-of-home, digital) in support of Disney+, Star, and the bundle, as well as creating title campaigns for Disney+/Star original content.
Responsibilities:The Creative Director is responsible for creating the branding campaign assets to support the launch of Star (via Disney+) across our international regions. The position reports to the VP, Creative Marketing and will be a critical member of the team launching the Star brand on Disney+. This individual will ensure all assets are sent to internal and external stakeholders, while ensuring backout schedules for assets are adhered to.
- Creative direct all partner agencies and teams for execution and delivery of all AV/static creative
- Determine and direct all brand creative expressions, developing consistent voice and tone for Star creative assets
- Ensure all materials are up to the high creative standards of TWDC
- Work with stakeholders across the company to get approvals and feedback and ensure timely delivery of all creative assets
- Think proactively about the brand creative campaigns and chart out the overarching creative strategy to bring assets to the market in a dynamic, engaging and fresh manner
- Connect and brainstorm with internal and external partners to bring new ideas to the table to market and promote Star
- Ensure that ideas are signed off on and agreed upon with all stakeholders before taking to production
- Partner with VP, Creative Marketing to ensure ideas are on-brand and aligned with larger business objectives
- Partner with Director of Creative Operations to establish workflows for Star asset creation
- Partner with Director and Sr. Manager of Campaign Strategy to ensure all needs are met across the campaigns and that our strategy is coming to life in the creative assets made
- Ensure workflows and best practices are upheld by cross-functional teams
- Remain aligned with all stakeholders across franchises and brands to ensure Star assets are delivered that meet their expectations
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in marketing entertainment properties with creative direction experience
- Worked at either a studio, network, or agency environment with knowledge of the layers and creative development process behind creative marketing and brings that experience to bear in a complex international organization
- Understands the creative production process for both AV assets and print/static assets
- Strong understanding of brand-building and brand creative
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, ideate, meet deadlines, make decisions, and change course of action quickly
- Exceptional creative skills and ability to pivot ideas, adapt to quick requests, and communicate with international teams
- Keen eye for detail and ability to direct agencies and internal teams in a proactive, productive, and positive manner
- Excellent writing, brainstorming, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and within a matrixed reporting environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure successful interactions, strong working relationships, and the ability to interface with varied levels of management, peers, and partners across varying teams
- Highly collaborative creative sensibility, with ability to be open minded to feedback and always seek out the best idea, not just one’s own idea.
- Understanding and open-mindedness to data and analytics helping guide creative choices
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple creative and executive stakeholders and come from a place of “yes”
- Experience with creative direction, stakeholder feedback reception, and creative project management
- Understanding of asset timelines, production, and delivery
- Awareness of creative trends and breakthrough ideas across the industry
- Understanding of business necessities of a startup/launch property – experience defining and creating new brands
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferably a degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.