Creative Operations ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 768606BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 09, 2020
The Creative Operations Manager is responsible for managing assets and tracking production schedules for creative assets needed to support the Star Launch. The position reports to the Director, Creative Operations and will be a critical member of the team launching the Star brand on Disney+.This individual will ensure all assets are sent to internal and external stakeholders, while ensuring backout schedules for assets are adhered to.
- Ensure master Star assets are serviced to all stakeholders (internal and external)
- Source, track and distribute footage for AV and/or print creation
- Track footage utilized in campaigns for cross-functional needs
- Own the Star area of our Digital Asset Management system to ensure organization and correct permissions
- Track all assets in creative development in order to communicate schedules to the Creative Director and agencies; manage backout schedules for all assets to ensure assets stay on time
- Create contract requests for creative and production vendors
- Route all creative assets through legal for signoff prior to moving into production
- Ensure projects remain in budget; manage invoice submissions for vendor payment
- Partner with Director of Creative Operations to establish workflows for Star asset creation
- Ensure workflows and best practices are upheld by cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage accountability well across multiple work streams
- Keen eye for detail, and ability to direct agencies and internal teams in a proactive, productive and positive manner
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and within a matrixed reporting environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure successful interactions, strong working relationships and the ability to interface with varied levels of management, peers and partners across varying teams
- Highly collaborative creative sensibility, with ability to be open minded to feedback and always seek out the best idea, not just one’s own idea
- Understanding and open-mindedness to data and analytics helping guide creative choices; ability to work collaboratively with multiple creative and executive stakeholders and come from a place of “yes”
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing entertainment properties with project management or asset management experience
- Worked at either a studio, network, or agency environment with knowledge of the layers and processes behind creative marketing
- Experience with Project Management and Asset Management
- Understanding of asset timelines, production, and delivery
- Understanding of workflow systems and tools
- Understanding the business necessities of a startup/launch property – experience defining and creating new systems or processes
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably a degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.