Already applied?View Dashboard
Creative Print CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 644757BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May. 02, 2019
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings
Assist the Director, Creative Print Marketing – and department as a whole with the creative, finishing, project management, production and execution of digital and print assets for Disney+ streaming titles. This includes but not limited to: Logos, Key Art, Out-of-Home Campaigns, digital content, and collateral materials.
- Assist in the organization and management of all projects and their corresponding materials for Disney+ print marketing campaigns.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions; assist with the presentation/meeting set-up, note taking during creative presentations and meetings; be aware of strategy, revisions requested and materials in order to apply and/or relay appropriate creative notes to agencies, designers, freelancers, internal partners, etc. when needed.
- May perform Jr. Designer duties when needed which requires graphics knowledge and working in Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Gather and manage all digital files of the individual campaign materials and distribute as needed. Manage their accurate and organized filing and archival on main server. Make sure they are uploaded to the main digital asset management server for wide company usage.
- Gather and manage all source materials needed to aid the creative process: Source out film and film reference digital imagery working directly with the productions and/or internal departments. Retrieval of production information such as synopses, character descriptions, and cast and crew lists; retrieval of scripts, unit photography, etc
- Assist in the coordination and organization of the finishing of all print materials. Deliver all source digital elements to finishers, retrieval of finished files and coordinate their delivery upon approval to the appropriate place and filing/archival on main server.
- Create, obtain all approvals, and distribute the Logo Nomenclature document for each film to the various Disney departments to guide them in the proper usage of copyright and trademark notices associated with the film’s logo.
- Update and manage weekly departmental creative project status sheet for Disney+ projects along with animation coordinator and department assistant.
- Send, track and secure all legal approvals for various artwork/materials
- Field and manage incoming creative review requests, materials requests, material needs and general inquiries from internal and external departments regarding Disney+ print materials. Make sure VP and/or Director reviews in a timely manner.
- Assist in the organization and coordination of the production of all print materials from the pre-press stage through the printing and shipping/delivery. (Mechanicals: assist in the gathering all elements for the building of mechanicals, coordinate all reviews and approvals by VP and/or Director as well as communicate mechanical changes to agency. Coordinate the delivery of all approved mechanicals & appropriate corresponding information to the assigned printer/agency; Color Correction: coordinate the delivery of all finished files to the printer for color correction).
- Assist in the management of the Disney+ deliverables and outdoor campaign buy grids, etc. – ensuring that all materials are laid out, approved and produced according to schedule.
- Review all artwork and mechanicals to ensure it meets quality and spec standard
- Manage legal approvals of mechanicals and their timely delivery to the proper printer/agency.
- Manage the final digital asset distribution and archival.
- Assist with the set-up of meetings and/or presentations.
- Make sure newly hired creative agencies/freelancers/partners have a Creative Services Agreement, proper Security clearance, vendor tax forms, etc. on file and up-to-date.
- Create PowerPoint/Keynote presentations and contact sheets for department when needed.
- Manage the filing/archival of all artwork for future reference and use (i.e special shoot imagery, unit photography, etc)
- Track and inventory all original art, reference materials, photography, imagery, and digital imagery used in the creation of marketing materials.
- Computer Skills required – Mac: Microsoft Word, Excel, Keynote. Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is strongly desired.
- Marketing/Advertising experience highly desirable.
- Graphics Design background and knowledge of graphic terminology knowledge strongly desired.
- Print Production experience/knowledge highly desirable.
- Experience working within the Entertainment Industry highly desirable.
- Experience within the streaming/SVOD field desired but not necessary.
- Experience interfacing with high-level Executives and/or Filmmakers highly desirable.
- Candidate must have a passion for advertising and an eye for creativity.
- Candidate must be extremely organized and have a great eye for detail.
- Great follow-up a must.
- Knowledge streaming and digital formats a plus.
- Candidate must be ok with working long hours if needed.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to be proactive and resourceful.
- Candidate must be able to juggle many different projects in various degrees of completion at the same time.
- Candidate must be able to adjust quickly and effectively in a highly fluid environment.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and as a team.
- Candidate must thrive in working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Excellent and professional communication and phone skills a must.
Preferred EducationDegree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Graphic Design or related field strongly desired.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.