Crowd/ Fix AnimatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 768626BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios, Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Nov. 10, 2020
Attention Crowd/Fix Animators, Disney is currently hiring! Be part of the longest running animation team in history, work alongside legends, and use your animation powers for good to touch millions of people’s hearts around the globe.
We want talented animators who show exceptional understanding of acting, appeal, entertainment, weight, locomotion, and anatomy.
All positions are based in our Burbank, California studios.
Upload your reel/website and resume and tell us who you are. Please keep your reel to 2 minutes or less.
- Effectively tell the story in a meaningful way through vivid and compelling character acting and movement
- Create quality animation using digital tools for feature films, animated shorts, and other related projects
- Create quality animated cycles to feed our crowd simulation system
- Animate secondary and hero crowd scenes
- Fix technical and aesthetic issues on previously animated scenes
- Work closely with Crowd Supervisor, Heads of Animation, and Production in a feature film environment
- Collaborate with and take direction from Directors, Heads of Animation, and Animation Supervisors
- Implement changes and complete assignments in accordance with the production schedule
- Develop a working knowledge of necessary production tools
- Maintain an open and professional demeanor regarding direction, changes and shifting requirements
- Receive feedback, address notes, and present clear ideas to Animation Supervisors and Heads of Animation
- Produce various types of cycles and styles of animation
- Visual demonstration (web link preferred) of animation that illustrates visual storytelling, believable expressions, emotional states, weight, physics, balance, appeal, entertainment, clear timing, and staging
- Proficiency in Maya or equivalent software required
- Background in computer animation required
- Art background in Fine Art, Illustration, Computer Graphics preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.