Crowd/Fix AnimatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10063664 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Sep. 15, 2023
Attention Crowd/Fix Animators, Disney is currently hiring! Be part of the longest running animation team in history, work alongside legends, and use your animation powers for good to touch millions of people’s hearts around the globe.
We want talented Crowd/Fix Animators who show exceptional understanding of acting, appeal, entertainment, weight, locomotion, and anatomy.
All positions are based in our Burbank, California studios and will start in January 2024.
Upload your reel/website and resume and tell us who you are. Please keep your reel to 2 minutes or less.
- Effectively tell the story in a meaningful way through vivid and compelling character acting and movement
- Create quality animation using digital tools for feature films, animated shorts, and other related projects
- Create quality animated cycles to feed our crowd simulation system using proprietary software
- Animate secondary and hero crowd scenes
- Fix technical and aesthetic issues on previously animated scenes
- Work closely with Crowd Supervisor, Heads of Animation, and Production in a feature film environment
- Collaborate with and take direction from Directors, Heads of Animation, and Animation Supervisors
- Implement changes and complete assignments in accordance with the production schedule
- Develop a working knowledge of necessary production tools
- Maintain an open and professional demeanor regarding direction, changes and shifting requirements
- Receive feedback, address notes, and present clear ideas to Animation Supervisors and Heads of Animation
- Produce various types of cycles and styles of animation
- Visual demonstration of animation that illustrates visual storytelling, believable expressions, emotional states, weight, physics, balance, appeal, entertainment, clear timing, and staging.
- Proficiency in Presto, Maya, or equivalent software required
- Background in computer animation required
- Art background in Fine Art, Illustration, Computer Graphics preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The pay rate for this role in Burbank is $46.85 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Disney Animation continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to our 62nd animated feature, Wish, releasing November 2023. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, and Encanto.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.