Crowds ArtistApply NowApply Later Job ID 776063BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Mar. 05, 2021
Walt Disney Animation Studios is looking for an inspired Crowds Artist, with a strong artistic ability layered on top of a solid technical foundation, to work on populating our features with world-class crowds. They will be part of the film-making process from asset creation through early shot layout to final rendering.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and maintain crowds technology and tools
- Design crowd character behaviors and set ups
- Support the story by populating scenes with crowd character assets and animation
- Collaborate with peers to address creative and technical notes
- Identify opportunities to share knowledge and educate others on the production process
Resume/Demonstrated Skills Should Include:
- Strong interest in Particle Systems, AI/Machine learning, or crowds systems (agent/brain design, simulation, and behavior)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with commercial graphics packages such as Maya and Houdini
- Experience with the Linux or Unix operating system
- Experience with Object Oriented programming such as C++ a plus
- Solid understanding of the production processes and pipelines of CG Animation, VFX, or Video Game productions
- Understanding of rigging and animation techniques
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction well
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, Engineering, and related fields, or equivalent experience
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.