Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Customer Information Management Intern, Summer/Fall 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10035681 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 23, 2023
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The mission of the Customer Information Management team is to optimize the value of customer data for use in building direct customer relationships and delivering relevant customer experiences across The Walt Disney Company’s brands and businesses globally. As a central resource for company-wide customer data, the team partners with stakeholders across the company to establish data practices, policies and capabilities to collect, use and share data in support business objectives, while maintaining respectful consumer data practices.
A Day in the Life…
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Reviewing Disney business unit email marketing campaigns for brand and legal compliance
- Maintaining creative and legal guideline documentation based on input from team subject matter experts
- Developing project plans and assisting with managing interdependencies to support program operations for our Data Services team
- Coordinating with our Data Services team and business unit partners on marketing and data quality initiatives
- Conducting competitive research on customer information practices and user experience of other online properties
- Coordinating and updating guest-facing privacy content
- Developing documentation and CX strategy for projects in development to improve guests’ online experience
What we are looking for…
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Highly organized with project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects with competing priorities
- Interest in improving guest experience through personalization and fair information practices
- Understanding of and interest in how technology is used to manage website preferences and personalization
- Strong interest in the use of data for marketing and personalization
- Knowledge or familiarity with privacy issues, online registration, and email marketing a plus
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, technology or related field
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- The pay rate for this internship in California is $21.20 per hour.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2023 through January 2024
- Candidate must be available to work full-time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) during normal business hours Monday – Friday
- This internship is a hybrid position. You must be able to provide own housing and reliable transportation in the Burbank, CA area. Also requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.