Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
D&I Disney Intern Animation, Summer 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 889626BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Nov. 21, 2021
- AAPI Heritage Month Summary & Pride Month Planning
- Social engagement on D&I SLACK channels
- DEI Workshops
- Studio Culture & Engagement Activities Planning
- Curating topics and content for monthly D&I Newsletter
- Develop and implement one new D&I resource
- Cultural Observances Calendar
- Co-plan and co-host a studio D&I Mixer
- Draft outlines, review content and compile notes as needed, collaborate with all members of the WDAS D&I team
- Research and update upcoming observance/cultural heritage holidays and add to calendar
- Work in collaboration with WDAS D&I People & Culture team members to develop/research content and programming ideas for Pride Month (June), Juneteenth (6/19), Disability Awareness Day (7/14), Parents Day (7/24), Disability Independence Day (7/26), Women’s Equality Day (8/26)
- Assist Sr. Manager, D&I People and Culture Strategies with supporting ERG requests
- Help with creation of Google Forms/SurveyMonkey surveys and track data on inclusion goals, as well as, assist with quarterly D&I reports
- Support Sr. Manager, D&I Content & Culture Strategies with cultural feedback on WDAS projects, as needed
- Build D&I databases, provide insights on project related inquiries, etc.
- Develop toolkit drafts to support dedicated resource hub resources
- Support coordination of content advisement screenings with various internal and external groups including WDAS affinity groups & Think Tanks, R.I.S.E., inclusion and creative councils, consultants, community orgs and enterprise-wide BERGs for films and alternative content in production
- Corporate company experience (or similar experience), preferably within the Studio or related creative environment
- Broad understanding of Film & Entertainment Industry or Animation
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized & enthusiastic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Zoom and Google Suite (i.e., Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Ability to prepare presentation materials
- Comprehension of Diversity and Inclusion
- Wordpress, Adobe Photoshop and/or graphic design experience
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (summer) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available full time for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.