Already applied?View Dashboard
D&I Market Activations ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 703699BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 17, 2019
Diversity & Inclusion are critical enablers of this effort. To stay relevant in the market place, we strive to have the people and culture that enable us to surprise and delight our guests and audiences today and in the future.
The Diversity and Inclusion team serves as a center of excellence for the enterprise, leading the development of D&I business strategy, partnering with leadership across lines of business and global markets, providing subject matter expertise on relevant inclusion practices, and enhancing our inclusion brand both inside and outside the company.
Reporting to the VP, D&I - Market, this role will support multiple key Enterprise Diversity and Inclusion efforts that focus on our Market. With both Enterprise and segment partners, this role will focus on developing event activation strategies, setting goals and timelines, coordinating multiple streams of work as well as managing deadlines and deliverables. This role spans all dimensions of diversity.
- Partner with D&I Stakeholder Engagement Manager to develop strategy, project manage and execute Diverse Stakeholder engagement and maximize return on investment.
- Build systems that facilitate and drive successful activations including:
- Success metrics
- Alignment across P/C/M teams
- External Communication & Ads
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Engagement and communications
- Manage activation calendar and allocation of projects across Diversity and Inclusion People/Culture/Market Teams
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the projects will be evaluated at its completion.
- Monitor the progress of the projects and advise on adjustments necessary to ensure the successful completion of the projects.
- Manage the philanthropic, marketing and activations budgets.
- Partner with ESR and Segments to drive strategic planning/analysis of philanthropic budget and grant process
- Manage D&I philanthropic and activation budget
- Special Projects - lead or partner on projects as needed
- Manage specific community relationships or activations e.g. scholarships
- 3-5 years of experience in Diversity & Inclusion and ESR (e.g. employee relations, HR business partner, learning & development, organization development, and/or recruitment) or applicable segment supporting large-scale, multi-business organizations
- Proven project management and partnership skills
- Assertive professional with the ability to navigate complex matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Strong strategic thinking and communication skills
- High capacity and proven ability to manage multiple projects and complex timelines
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated creativity and solution oriented thinking
- Strong experience with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Diversity & Inclusion knowledge and experience within multiple business segments
- Familiarity with the national landscape of diverse civic, social and professional non-profit organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Community Relations, Social Responsibility or other related field
- Master’s degree in a related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.