Data Analyst, Customer Information ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 786002BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 30, 2021
- Enrich enterprise data assets by acquiring, organizing and aggregating customer data from various sources to construct a full and accurate view of a customer’s interactions with the company for use in direct/email marketing, targeted media campaigns and analytics.
- Deliver customer data, data analysis support and customer data insights to businesses on as needed basis, including audience selection and segmentation services as well as email marketing campaign services.
- Establish global, company-wide standards and business policies for collection, sharing, use and retention of customer information, including standards for cross-business use, communication/targeting relevance and other brand-related controls.
- Own and operate enterprise-wide tools and capabilities, including the shared enterprise-wide customer/ marketing data environment and any company-wide customer-facing tools (e.g., customer preference and email permission centers).
The Data Analyst will support efforts to acquire and ingest new customer data as well as analyze, refine and organize existing data to improve its quality, consistency, organization and utility for eventual use by CIM and other business unit marketing teams. With guidance from the Sr Manager, the Data Analyst will support the maintenance of manual data processing jobs as well as automated data processing jobs that transform critical (raw) source data sets into structured and standardized formats.
In addition, the Data Analyst will assist the Sr. Manager as well as other members of the Data Services team in executing business unit as well as internal data extract requests, supporting customer reporting, analytics projects and business unit data enhancement initiatives. The Data Analyst will also develop and maintain technical documentation of all assigned data processing activities, automated and manual, current and new, including business rules, data sources, data processing requirements and related logic, ensuring information is up to date and accurate.
- Aid in data onboarding projects in collaboration with technology partners, including analysis and evaluation of source data as well as documentation of source data taxonomy and data transformation requirements.
- Code, schedule, run and maintain manual data processing jobs as well as automated data processing jobs that transform critical (raw) source data sets into structured and standardized formats.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of all assigned data processing activities, automated and manual, current and new, including business rules, data sources, data processing requirements and related logic.
- Produce ad hoc reports based on business and leadership needs by constructing analytical queries.
- At least 2 years of experience writing SQL queries against large customer data sets for use in marketing or customer service applications.
- At least 2 years of experience working with custom ETL implementations and maintenance.
- Experience using SQL in a data warehouse environment – preferably Snowflake.
- Experience with orchestration of ETL workflows. Strong proficiency in programming languages, preferably Python.
- Demonstrated experience with databases, reporting, analytical environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with customers and engineers with ability to adjust communications based on equally credible with individual contributors and executives.
- Experience with Python, and/or other analytical tools.
- Apache Airflow experience.
- Experience providing data support to customer relationship marketing and digital media teams.
- Experience operating within customer data environments sourcing data from a range of sources.
- Familiarity with Jira, GitHub, Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in the digital media and entertainment industry.
- Knowledge in how data assets are used to support marketing programs, reporting and customer analysis functions.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering or related Bachelor of Arts degree with heavy focus on analytical and statistical methods.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.