Data Analyst (PH)
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 705301BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 07/10/2019
Imagine yourself as a Data Analyst with HR Data Operations where your natural passion for working with data and partnering with others who share that passion for data will help to ensure the company is enabled to make smart business decisions with the best possible human resources data. In this role, you will have the chance to leverage your expertise and knowledge to assist in the integration of new Human Resource data into an existing reporting and analytic environment.
- Work with business partners, vendors, and technical team to gather functional requirements and translate into data integration specifications
- Use advanced SQL knowledge to perform data profiling and database structure research in order to understand relevant data elements along with any potential data quality issues
- Leverage data architecture experience to determine gaps where new data source elements will require data model updates and/or updated integration logic
- Document and maintain updates to data values, definitions and structures, partnering with functional and business data owners to communicate impacts to existing HR data structures and usage
- Translate functional requirements into SQL logic to be leveraged in design documentation and test cases and perform detailed user acceptance testing to confirm data is available and structured as expected
- Partner with data developers to implement and validate data infrastructure enhancements
- You have at least 2 to 3 years of experience as a data analyst performing requirements gathering tasks for reporting and analytics
- You have excellent communication skills (speaking and writing), can work effectively with technical and business partners and are able to translate functional business and reporting requirements into data integration and structure needs
- You are skilled in SQL, able to query and analyze complex data structures along with the ability to troubleshoot existing code that is not delivering the expected outcome
- You have a thorough understanding of data and systems' infrastructures
- You are a solutions-oriented critical thinker
- You have deep technical knowledge, and at least 3 years of experience in data integration, data analysis, and/or data governance
- You have the exceptional ability to make timely and effective decisions to meet fluid deadlines
- You have the capability to work autonomously and make independent decisions to meet deliverables with minimal oversight
- You can effectively handle and maintain confidential information
- A technical degree is preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.