Data Analyst - Project HireApply NowApply Later Job ID 764621BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Aug. 21, 2020
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio).
The Walt Disney Studios is looking for a Data Analyst to provide analytical support for strategic initiatives across the Library and Technical Services organization; manipulating large data sets, automating reports, and creating innovative visualizations to communicate patterns and trends across various post production technologies and formats.
- Analyzes data and contributes to the design, development and implementation of analytics models, tools and reports.
- Aggregate, summarize and maintain operational data (inventory, delivery status, ordering, financial).
- Develop data automation tools and dashboards to enable innovative data visualization.
- Develop and maintain daily/weekly reports for distribution.
- Partner with Studio Technology teams to link data sources and develop advanced data applications.
- Design visualization dashboards and provide executive-level summaries around metrics.
- Troubleshoot data and code issues, providing support across various Studio Operations teams within internal systems.
- Develop, execute and provide summaries of projects, milestones and meeting notes.
- Interface with senior management, leveraging data to make recommendations for new approaches and opportunities to improve operations.
- Conduct scripting in SQL, Python and/or R to enable data and system automations, as needed.
- Experience with data visualization programs (Tableau, Domo, Power BI)
- 1-2 years’ experience in a professional capacity in related areas of expertise
- SQL, Python, /R or other database code
- Experience manipulating large datasets
- System development process (agile method)
- Undergraduate degree in IT Project Management or Communications. Degree in Industrial or Systems Engineering, Business / Operations Management, Finance preferred.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.