Data AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10001216 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 19, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney is seeking an experienced Data Analyst to support efforts to acquire, ingest, and utilize customer data as well as analyze, refine, and organize existing data to improve its quality, consistency, organization, and utility for eventual use by CIM and other business unit marketing teams.
With guidance from the CRM Database Manager, the Data Analyst will support the maintenance of manual data processing jobs as well as automated data processing jobs that transform critical (raw) source data sets into structured and standardized formats.
In addition, the Data Analyst will assist the CRM Database Manager as well as other members of the data services team in executing business unit as well as internal data extract requests, supporting customer reporting, analytics projects, and business unit data enhancement initiatives.
The Data Analyst will also develop and maintain technical documentation of all assigned data processing activities, automated and manual, current and new, including business rules, data sources, data processing requirements and related logic, ensuring information is up to date and accurate.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Code, schedule, run and maintain manual and automated data processing jobs that transform critical (raw) source data sets into structured and standardized formats for business and marketing usage.
- Produce ad hoc and automated reports based on business and leadership needs by analyzing the data available and constructing queries.
- Aid in data onboarding projects in collaboration with technology partners, including analysis and evaluation of source data as well as documentation of source data taxonomy and data transformation requirements.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of all assigned data processing activities, automated and manual, current and new, including business rules, data sources, data processing requirements and related logic.
4-year bachelor’s degree in computer science/information science/engineering or related Bachelor of Arts degree with heavy focus on analytical and statistical methods.
- 2+ years writing SQL queries against large customer data sets for use in marketing or customer service applications.
- 2+ years working with custom ETL implementations and maintenance.
- Experience using SQL in a data warehouse environment – preferably Snowflake.
- Experience with orchestration of ETL workflows. Strong proficiency in programming languages, preferably Python.
- Intermediate level SQL expertise, experience writing SQL queries against large customer data sets.
- Demonstrated experience with databases, reporting, analytical environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with customers and engineers with ability to adjust communications based on equally credible with individual contributors and executives.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.