Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 871321BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 20, 2021
Job Summary:The Data Librarian will be a member of the Metadata Platforms team within the broader DMED Content Platforms organization.
A core function of the Metadata Platforms team is in creating and distributing the metadata that enhances the discoverability and analysis of creative works for business units across The Walt Disney Company.
Central to this function is the setup of relevant titles and title data that power the day to day metadata tagging and title publishing of the team.
- Ensure proper title setup, checking that priority titles are available and updated as necessary in the content platform, and meet the team’s title setup standards
- Research and associate necessary character and persons information in the content platforms, ensuring they are setup per existing methodologies, and meet Disney classification standards
- Research and setup other key information, including, but not limited to, title specific location data
- Respond to Metadata requests and questions as they are reported, ensuring that tagging work is not blocked
- Report system bugs and issues related to metadata and taxonomy classification, as they arise, in a bug ticketing system, and coordinate priorities and resolution with the Engineering teams
- Regularly develop and update needed documentation, that includes the metadata governance and classification methodologies, and key librarian processes
- Work closely with stakeholder teams, including the Engineering and other Disney data governance teams, to troubleshoot bugs & issues, and collaborate on new processes, and workflows
- Properly communicate the team’s processes with stakeholder teams, as necessary
- Properly prepare and demo key metadata platforms to other Disney team’s, explaining and showcasing the value of ‘clean’ and consistently setup metadata
- Help troubleshoot system access issues as needed
- 2 years’ experience as a working librarian, preferably in the entertainment space
- Understanding of media production workflows, digital video product workflows, and consumer facing digital video product features
- Ability to clearly communicate goals, status and issues
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Resolution-oriented and a natural problem solver
- Able to quickly learn and respond to new and evolving workflows and processes
- Has a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Previous work experience in a media company
- Familiarity with the Disney catalog a plus
- 2 years’ experience working in content or metadata systems. Prior experience with Smartlogic Semaphore a plus
- MLIS from ALA-accredited school required
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.