Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Data Science Graduate Internship, Studios - Summer 2018Apply Now Job ID 500124BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 11/29/2017
The Movies Anywhere Analytics Team seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product, enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges, and are excited about conceptualizing, building and optimizing new predictive models.
ResponsibilitiesWith the Movies Anywhere Data Analytics team, this intern will be expected to:
- Use statistics and machine learning to contribute to models which optimize the Search and Recommender feature and predict guest behavior
- Pull, model, clean, and visual data
- Work with team members to manipulate and query unstructured sources
- Learn from and work with other members of the team in developing machine learning, model building, and statistical analysis
- Collaborate and learn from other cross-functional teams such as product and marketing
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber professionals
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
- Build and expand upon existing knowledge of languages, tools, devices, applications, and the environments
- Work on various defect fixes / enhancements to improve overall productivity.
- Work with an Agile team to deliver product iteratively
- Attend stand up, planning, sizing, and retrospective sessions
- Strong understanding of fundamental statistical concepts and modeling, including various methods of regression
- Experience in a statistical tool, such as SAS or R
- Solid communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to function well within a diverse team
- Experience in Python
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Data Visualization Tools
- Graduate Level student or recently graduated from a Graduate program (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Management Information Systems or related field.
- 3.0+ GPA