Data Science Intern, Burbank - Spring 2020
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 708381BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted 15/10/2019
Responsibilities:Supporting the Advanced Analytics team within Walt Disney Television, you will assist in building out dashboards that automate existing reports, creating visualizations that allow business users to dive deeper into data, perform analysis to improve marketing campaign performance, and much more!
- Experience with Python and/or R
- Demonstrated experience using SQL to manage large multi-dimensional data sets
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Looker
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience collecting & analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including advanced formulas
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride in delivering quality results
- Experience building machine learning models
- Previous experience analyzing app behavior in News and/or Entertainment
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate Level student pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in a quantitative field (Math/Stats, Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics or similar).
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from January 2020 – May 2020.
- Housing: Interns must be able to provide their own housing for the duration of the internship
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.