Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Data Visualization Grad Intern, Environmental Sustainability-Sp 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 703366BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 26, 2019
Environmental sustainability at Disney focuses on using resources wisely as we grow our business. We have established ambitious environmental goals to minimize our impact as part of our commitment to social responsibility. The Environmental Sustainability team provides subject matter expertise and analytical partnership in setting enterprise-wide environmental sustainability objectives. The team also provides (a) thought partnership in ongoing implementation of sustainability programs, (b) manages investments in emission mitigation projects, and (c) measures and reports enterprise-wide progress against the sustainability objectives.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
Current projects include conducting greenhouse gas emissions, water, and waste inventories enterprise wide; identifying mechanisms to reduce our environmental footprint; evaluating new project designs for sustainability; conducting environmental assessments of our studio and television productions; evaluating clean energy opportunities; managing the natural climate solutions portfolio for Disney; supporting environmental supply chain management; and analyzing emerging environmental sustainability issues and impacts.
The intern’s primary focus will be to:
- Support internal communication efforts: preparation of quarterly reports, data analysis, summaries, presentations, benchmarking
- Support creation of visual and media assets for environmental initiatives
- Track developments carbon markets, climate, manufacturing, and water issues
- Research trends, indicators, and mechanisms to measure and reduce impact of climate change
- Create briefs on key environmental issues impacting climate, water, waste, manufacturing
- Assist in monitoring project portfolio, including but not limited to coordinating communications with external organizations, reviewing project updates, updating relevant supporting materials
- Create graphic designs supporting environmental concepts, issues, and projects
- Supporting the Environmental Sustainability team with storytelling through Infographics, Illustrations, and general Graphic Design. Depict environmental issues such as greenhouse gas emissions, water, energy consumption, and materials management to a general audience. Create infographics, design reports, and powerpoint presentations.
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Familiarity with organizations working in the CSR space (i.e. environmental NGOs, non-profits, thought leaders)
- Experience with environmental sustainability, climate change, and social responsibility issues (regulations, analyzing trends and upcoming legislation, industry trends)
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with experience collecting, validating, analyzing, reporting, and summarizing data.
- Excellent ability to create organized, comprehensive, and clear briefs
- Experience analyzing data using Excel (pivot tables, charts, formulas)
- Interested in applying an analytical education to environmental issues; such as waste, water resources management and climate change.
- Strong skills in process management, documentation, and communication skills
- Previous experience conducting market/industry research and sharing findings to gain insights, data and identify trends
- Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
Preferred Qualifications:(Preferred Qualifications)
- Previous environmental work preferred
- Familiarity with carbon markets and financial instruments
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently a graduate student working on a graduate degree in the following areas: engineering, environmental science & management, forestry, ecology, sustainability, communications, computer science, or data analytics
- Trained in graphic design
- The approximate dates of this internship are January through May/June 2020
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé will not be considered as having a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.