DATG Digital Media Data Engineering Graduate Intern - Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 497808BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted 04/19/2018
Digital Media Data Engineering is a team of individuals focused on utilizing cutting edge technology to bring the power of data to DATG and provide solid guidance in the decision making process across the organization. We focus on data that is collected from our digital platforms to improve personalized experiences for our guests.
Responsibilities:The suitable candidate will learn about the importance of data and the power of technology as well as contribute to analytics and data validation processes established within the group.
What you bring...
- Understand internal first-party real-time data source
- Participate in data validation projects to compare multiple data sources and establish reliable metrics
- Provide help with building basic operational reports and dashboards
- Participate in data discovery and profiling tasks
- Participate in creating visualization for operational reporting
Basic Qualifications:Experience working with any of the following: SQL, Python, Linux, ETL
- Graduate student studying Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics or other related fields
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- All students must be eligible to work in the US
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- Must be available to work May-August 2018 or June-September 2018
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.