DDI Engineer (DNS, DHCP, IPAM)
Burbank, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 794852BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 08, 2021
Job Summary:***Position can be based in Los Angeles, Orlando or Seattle***
The Disney DDI (DNS, DHCP, IPAM) Operations team is responsible for the operations and support of The Walt Disney Company DDI systems; to includes virtual worlds, flagship Web sites Disney.com, Disney Family.com, ABC.com and ESPN.com to name a few. The DDI team provides Operations, Engineering and Architecture support for the infrastructure appliances, NIOS, and dedicated vendor software.
- Contributor in the development of the DDI Operations Strategy and organizational strategies.
- Responsible for contributing to strategies of peer organizations ensuring that their strategic plans are in alignment with the technical direction of DDI Operations.
- Ensure that all new DDI services are deployed to deliver the levels of availability required by the business, and validate the final service meets operational needs of the business.
- Coach new team members on a proactive basis, raising the team’s overall technical acumen
- Work with service provider partner to ensure the proper level of technical acumen and quality are executed within the contracted services
- Act as subject matter expert for DDI Operations Analysts.
- Develop knowledge of industry best practices regarding DDI Operations
- Process design responsible for developing operational procedures. Document existing processes, evaluate them within the context of availability and maintainability of DDI Services
- Identify areas in need of process documentation and work with the teams to create documents.
- Responsible for creating and updating operational run-books in support of the Disney DGN Grid.
Basic Qualifications:The ideal candidate with have experience in automating DNS workflows. A subject matter expert who can build automated DNS workflows that understands what DNS can and can’t do. Support escalation requests from analysts and internal customers.
Preferred Advanced Technical Knowledge/Experience
• Experience with Infoblox a plus
* DNS (GTM) load balancing
• DNS Bind experience
• DNS, DHCP, IP Management (DDI)
• VMware experience
• Linux experience
• TCP/IP protocols, subnet masking
• Scripting and programming language experience in Python
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Understanding of internet protocols such as HTTP and DNS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Beneficial Technical Knowledge/Experience
• APM, AFM, ASM and/or other modules
• Radius / TACACS infrastructure experience
- ITIL V3 and advanced certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or commensurate experience in related field is required
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.