Decision Scientist (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 827724BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 22, 2021
Are you curious, creative, and love data? Do you love to learn new things and collaborate with colleagues to solve hard and interesting problems? Imagine yourself as a Decision Scientist in People Insights where your natural curiosity for discovering analytical insights and trends will help ensure we are making data-driven decisions within Human Resources (HR) and across The Walt Disney Company. In this role, you will be able to blaze new paths in this data rich environment through statistical modeling, forecasting and employee research. You will have the chance to leverage your expertise and knowledge to maximize the Company’s investment in our employees through advanced analysis, data visualization, and compelling storytelling.
You have a curiosity that leads you to always ask, “What’s possible?” and you have the ability to bring those concepts to reality in everything you touch from analysis to actionable insights to provide decision support for workforce related issues.
- Proactively identify analytical opportunities to answer business questions and drive action through clear actionable insights and storytelling
- Create accurate, sustainable statistical algorithms and machine learning processes that support HR business processes, tools, or products
- Build and work with large and complex data sets and measures to be used in analyses that drive business decisions
- Consult within clients and a team of analyst, translating business objectives and analytical needs into repeatable analytical solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency with analytics software such as Dataiku, SAS Enterprise Guide, or Alteryx or database/statistical languages such as R, Python, and SQL
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods, forecasting, and model building (e.g. Cluster Analysis, PCA, Regression, Decision Trees/Random Forests, Structural Equation Modeling)
- Proven experience working in survey data (Item analysis, Scale Reliability, Key Drivers) but an appetite to combine with other data to take those analyses/insights to the next level (e.g. creating personas)
- Exceptional storytelling / presentation-building skills, including the ability to translate complex statistical concepts into simple and actionable insights
- Experience with leading and developing others
- Experience with HR / employee data (Workday), visualization tools, such as Tableau and/or Cognos, or large database environments (e.g. Snowflake, RedShift)
- Proven experience leveraging NLP/ML to understand social media trends/sentiment
- Advanced degree (Master’s or above) in Organizational Psychology, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Analytics / Business Analytics, or a related field
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Organizational Psychology, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Analytics /Business Analytics or a related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.