Already applied?View Dashboard
Demand Planning AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 688449BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 11, 2019
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Demand Planning Analyst in Burbank, CA. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Demand Planning.
Responsibilities:Order and Sales Forecasting
- Provides account level Orders and Sales forecast for all titles, incorporating seasonal, promotional and advertising trends
- Estimates initial order and replenishment needs for new releases
- Incorporates account reset and strategy changes into forecasts, and communicates those throughout the organization
- Develops decay curves for hit titles and updates forecast daily during the tracking period
- Provides Replenishment Team with daily and weekly model stocks for optimal replenishment order generation
- Estimates an account and industry 52-week forecast for financial reporting to the Studio
- Produces and distributes specific reports summarizing sales and production trends for Senior Management
- Performs ad-hoc analysis as requested by management or account team
- Recommends optimal product mix strategies by account
- Facilitates the transfer of model stocks from forecasting system to the replenishment system
- Communicates account plan-o-gram strategy changes throughout the organization
- Evaluates the effectiveness of strategies through ad-hoc analysis
- Identifies demographic and promotional title opportunities
- 2+ years’ experience in a demand forecasting or planning role with a particular emphasis on production & sales planning, replenishment, analysis, and modeling
- Experience in a Home Entertainment, consumer goods, wholesale, retail buying/planning/replenishment or manufacturing environment is preferred
- Familiarity with plan-o-gramming, product assortment, and implementing and/or designing statistical metrics
- Demonstrates the ability to frame business problems and draw conclusions from analysis
- Expresses written ideas, thoughts or facts in a clear, convincing and organized way
- Embraces teamwork; shares ideas/methods to improve performance
- Is adept at implementing and/or designing statistical metrics
- Is highly proficient in advanced use of Excel including use of filters, v-lookups, pivot tables, graphing, creating complex calculations with nested functions, etc.
- Possesses thorough understanding of retail business environment
- Ability to understand and manage retail Open To Buy
- Develops well thought out actions plans
- Applies excellent forecasting analytics
- Demonstrates experience in extracting and segmenting data to facilitate data analysis
- Applies strong analytical skills
- Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized in order to meet commitment and productivity standards
- Manages timelines; deals effectively with pressure
- Multi-tasks by switching smoothly from one project or task to another
- Takes ownership and responsibility for work progress
- Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities
- Takes independent action and works autonomously
- Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful
- Is a highly detail oriented individual
Required EducationBA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics or related field; or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.