Design Program ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 633779BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jan. 30, 2019
Job Summary:As a Design Program Manager, you will be part of a creative team focused on delivering best-in-class user experience and design for The Walt Disney Studios. You are a creative problem solver and team leader by nature, an advocate for design-led innovation, have a passion for user experience and working with creatives. You will understand the role design plays in multiple products and enable teams to stay focused on delivering amazing product experiences to our users. You will be a leader within the design team, and a trusted partner to your cross functional peers. You will work across various product teams to understand, communicate, and manage the delivery of design and customer experiences.
In this role, you will partner closely with the Design Leadership to build and maintain the operational framework for a cross-functional design team to thrive in. You’ll be joining a talented team of user experience, interaction & visual designers, product owners and engineers who are bringing great design into the Walt Disney Studios. This position is part of the Technology Innovation Group (TIG) and reports to the Senior Manager, User Experience.
- Drive our operational strategy and own and evolve a holistic design process.
- Build tools to empower and amplify designers as well as bridging disciplines.
- Partner with design leadership to scope and set project priorities, resource allocation, and hiring/talent needs to execute against business area objectives.
- Improve team cohesion, creating efficiencies in the design process.
- Work with design leadership to identify team needs (process, tools, documentation, etc) recommend improvements, and implement changes to ensure efficient delivery and high quality output
- Own the creation and management of project plans, implement an effective system of project status tracking, manage stakeholder expectations.
- Serve as the go-to point of contact for tracking and reporting on in-flight project status and priorities, roadblocks, and dependencies.
- Collaborate with designers, content strategists, researchers, and prototypers.
- Build impactful relationships, working with a wide range of cross functional teams.
- Balance multiple inputs of priorities and needs.
- Prioritize design and development efforts with multiple dependencies.
- As needed, onboard and manage contractors or vendors in executing work.
- Communicate project and program status
- 5+ years’ experience as a project manager, program manager, or producer in a design consultancy or (preferred) as part of an in-house product design/UX team.
- Real passion for user experience and design.
- A deep understanding of design process.
- Experience creating lean and scalable workflows and implementing process improvements.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive conversations forward in an environment of ambiguity with diverse partners.
- Superior organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Self-directed and takes initiative in tackling problems big and small
- Excellent team player with experience leading large, complex team structures
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.