Already applied?View Dashboard
DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 692919BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 10, 2019
Create innovative workplace and campus environments that promote business success, integrate our company priorities and emphasize our unique Disney culture. The Disney Corporate Real Estate Design team – the Disney workplace think-tank -- is seeking a Designer to contribute to the design management of Disney workplace environments and furnishings, both by generating designs internally and by guiding external consultants.
Responsibilities:Inspire Disney workplace transformations by:
- Understanding requirements of Disney clients and key stakeholders
- Collaborating with external consultants to recommend intelligent design strategies and solutions
- Applying thoughtful Corporate design standards that allow for future flexibility
- Creating comprehensive design concepts from space planning to environmental graphics
- Developing designs internally for smaller refresh and reconfiguration projects
- Passionate about design at multiple scales (architecture, interiors, campus planning, furniture, graphic design, environmental graphics and/or landscape design)
- Informed about workplace trends, and able to collect, analyze and apply occupancy data toward an overall workplace strategy
- Familiar with the architectural design process and with preparing quality design presentations and construction documents
- Interested in stepping outside the boundaries of traditional design practice and collaborating with real estate and operations partners
- Comfortable working in a wide range of projects including office refreshes, small tenant improvements, and on portions of larger projects
- Experienced with current materials, furniture manufacturers and systems
- Independently productive, able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Collaborative and eager to grow and share in a multi-disciplinary project team environment
- An excellent written, verbal, and graphic communicator
- Well-versed in a wide range of design software, including drafting (AutoCAD / Revit), graphic design (Adobe Creative Cloud), and 3D modeling (SketchUp / Rhino) programs
- Minimum of 2 years in a full-service Architecture or Design Firm with direct experience in conceptual planning, document delivery and construction observation for commercial office space
- 3-5 years of experience
- Progress toward licensure as a California Registered Architect or California Certified Interior Designer (CID)
- Bachelor’s degree in a core design discipline such as Architecture / Interior Design
- Bachelor of Architecture (Accredited Professional Degree)
- Master of Architecture or Master’s degree in a related design discipline
Additional Information:Portfolio review required.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.