Desktop Analyst (Marvel Studios)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 579047BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Jul. 31, 2018
Job Summary:Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther, and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories. As part of the Marvel Studios Technology team you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment.
We’re looking for a passionate technology support analyst with Mac and Windows experience who is looking to support specialized production systems. Prior experience in a feature production environment is recommended. You’ll report to the Manager, Help Desk within Marvel Studios Technology in Burbank, CA.
Who you are:
- A savvy problem solver. You take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges creatively, but methodically.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You face change with a cool head and persevere even if you don’t have all the details; you’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate.
- Technically astute. You rapidly learn new skills, grasping complicated technical information that often leaves others lost.
- Goal oriented. You develop and actualize vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome through teamwork and individual contribution. You proactively complete assignments and contribute to the success of the team.
- Provide Help Desk/Service Center support, monitoring all inbound calls (phone, email, and form-based) for the Studio
- Support a wide array of software packages (Office, Atlassian/Confluence, Autodesk, etc.)
- Take ownership of calls through completion, resolving independently, and escalating only when Engineering teams are required
- Support and deploy multiple hardware and operating system platforms including Mac, iOS, and Windows as well as printers and other specialty production peripherals
- Support remote access, cloud-platforms (Office 365), and assist with media and video conferencing support
- Support Active Directory, Exchange, OKTA, and Signiant File Transfers
- Collaborate effectively with other Technology teams to resolve support issues and create long-term supportable solutions
- Occasional night or weekend work is expected but flexible
- Smart, self-driven
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in technical support or front-end user support, preferably in a production setting
- Strong knowledge of OSX, Windows, and their productivity suites
- Solid grasp of network protocols (VLAN, DNS, DHCP, VPN)
- Experience in a help-desk environment, fluid in the use of help desk tools, prioritization of support calls, effective documentation of how a call was answered/remediated, etc.
- Excellent Communication/Documentation skills and strong customer-service orientation
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Able to multitask in complex, diverse, fast-paced, production environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.