Desktop Systems Specialist
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 792253BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Lucasfilm Date posted Nov. 19, 2021
Job Summary:We are looking for a Desktop Systems Specialist who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Desktop Systems Specialist performs various IT duties related to Operational Technology Support and Projects for all aspects of the Lucasfilm business based out of our Burbank offices. Mid level Mac and Windows desktop support experience is expected, along with exceptional communications / collaboration skills required to work within a fast paced production environment.
- Provide technical support to end users requests for equipment, new software and changes to their existing configuration and accessories.
- Setup and upgrade computer systems in a networked environment with minimum end user interruption.
- Take on day to day break/fix end user requests from initial contact to problem resolution.
- Research and recommend hardware and software solutions as needed.
- Maintain devices such as printers, networks, scanners, video conference equipment, and mobile devices.
- Troubleshoot and repair, or arrange for repair, of defective computer equipment.
- Communicate status of issues and projects in progress to those parties concerned on a timely and concise basis.
- Document and communicate system support issues with end users, IT staff, and management via appropriate tools.
- Collaborate with the Production Technology team to create and execute on individual projects and timelines.
- Partner with other IT groups to ensure general upkeep, system lifecycle and organization of technology within the site.
- Assist in management of inventory and perform inventory audits.
- Must be available to provide support during non-work hours on a rotational basis, and to support offsite locations as needed.
- 3-5 years of desktop support experience, ideally in the entertainment industry.
- Mid level Skills in Windows 10 and Apple OS X, including understanding networking / OS configuration and functionality.
- 1-2 years Google Application Suite support and troubleshooting experience.
- Support of video conferencing software and systems such as Zoom and Meet.
- Experience with troubleshooting Okta in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated passion and interest around technology, including keeping up to date with trends.
- Exceptional communication and customer support skills, including Lucasfilm executives and key creatives.
- Self-starter, energetic, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload without daily oversight.
- Demonstrated approach to teamwork and collaboration when solving issues.
- Able to manage time effectively, triage and prioritize based on production needs.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.