Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Digital Media Software Engineering Internship, DATG (CA) - Summer 2018Apply Now Job ID 510894BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted 12/05/2017
In the Digital Media Engineering Team at the Disney ABC Television Group, we build high-traffic web applications and streaming applications for a variety of platforms including web, iOS, Android, Apple TV, and other connected TV devices. Our team has developed the Emmy Award-winning ABC Full Episode Player for the web, iPhone and iPad, the Emmy Award-winning Oscars Backstage app for iPhone and iPad as well as the ABC, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, and Freeform products.
The intern will be working under the technical direction of the Engineering Manager and will be collaborating with the Engineering team in the development, deployment, documentation and maintenance of front and back-end web and device applications. The work environment is fast-paced, demanding and fun, and the projects are always unique and challenging. Our ideal candidate is creative, energetic and has a desire to learn leading edge technologies and has a passion for demonstrating skill and precision in his/her work.
The Digital Media Video Platforms Engineering team has multiple Software Engineer internships based in Burbank, CA. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all related opportunities.
ResponsibilitiesDuring the course of the internship, the intern will be integrated into the engineering team as a member, appointed a mentor, and provided troubleshooting and development tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with appointed mentor
- Analyzing production software procedures and problems
- Software analysis and design
- Code testing/integration
- Learning software QA processes
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year
- Strong interest in film/television production
- Proven strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in both individual and team environments
- Able to communicate technical information effectively to both technical and non-technical user base
- Previous internship experience within a related field
- Working knowledge of the television business
- Basic understanding of digital platforms and technology
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, studying Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- All students must be eligible to work in the US
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- Must be available to work May-August 2018 or June-September 2018
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities.
This position is with: Am Brd Companies, Inc
Application Procedures: Submit a resume online. A cover letter is not required, but preferred. The cover letter should contain your professional areas of interest, experience and how you would benefit from an internship with The Disney ABC Television Group.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability