Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 780859BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 09, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Digital Studio Services provides on-lot technical and creative services at the Walt Disney Studios. We are a new team focused on the future and how Disney can lead the way. Our mission is to help our colleagues and filmmakers master the challenges and complexities of today's digital production, post-production, marketing, and distribution workflows.
Disney Digital Studio Services has an immediate need for a Digital Operator on our Quality Control team at its state-of-the-art facility in Burbank, California. The Digital Operator is a union position covered by the Motion Picture Editors Guild and will be hired on a daily basis.
Responsibilities:This position will support the Quality control of file-based digital media files, including both picture and sound. The position will perform visual and audio qualitative and technical check of distribution files (i.e. files generated from the master level files).
- Transform or convert digital media without automation or a pre-configured profile
- Perform basic non-creative editing
- Resize and crop images
- Conduct basic image restoration
- Conform media using EDLs with a defined set of guidelines
- Produce applicable reports
- Learn technical specifications for various clients and verify that video, audio and file formats meets the requirements for any given client project.
- Perform additional duties as required
- Use file-based systems to play back and manipulate files on a timeline.
- Identify video and audio anomalies in media files and distinguish severity of issues.
- Provide reports/information to supervisors and business partners as requested.
- Organize and store deliverables and documentation in a manner that facilitates retrieval by others.
- 3 years minimum industry experience in audio and video postproduction quality control, preferably in file-based materials.
- Understand current and prevalent audio/video/film post production systems including file formats, storage and networking systems.
- Understand post-production mastering, especially for home video and electronic delivery.
- Operate typical file-based production equipment, including Clipster, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Colorfront, BUF boxes, etc.
- Understand media file formats and CODECs
- Ability to use waveform monitors and audio metering to measure file attributes.
- Familiar with editing, manipulation and transcoding of video and audio files.
- Familiar with various types of metadata used for media assets.
- Working knowledge of current SMPTE, theatrical and broadcast standards.
- Understand the concepts of color spaces, bit-depths, chroma sub-sampling and sampling rates.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Work independently as well as take direction from others
- Earn the trust and respect of colleagues, partners, and customers
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Build relationships that advance the goals of the team
- Treat others with respect
- Support change and an environment of continuous improvement
- Deliver timely, high quality work
- Digital Cinema experience a plus.
- Experience with automated QC tools is also a plus.
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Assurance and/or ISO 27001 Security methodologies a plus.
- Ability to work Swing Shift or Night Shift.
- Current membership in Motion Picture Editors Guild – Local 700. If not currently a member, you will be required to join the Motion Pictures Editors Guild within the first 30 days of employment.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.