Digital OperatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 795650BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
Studio Operations manages one of the premier postproduction studios in the industry. Disney Digital Studio Services provides on-lot postproduction creative and technical services. Services include sound mixing, editorial rooms, theatre and screening room operation as well as a broad array of digital file-based services in support of filmmaking, asset finishing, distribution and archive. DDSS is focused on innovation, security, client service, quality, and efficiency.
If you have an entrepreneurial drive, a winning attitude, and would enjoy working for a fun and adventurous company, please apply via www.disneycareers.com. The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Update work orders and check media into and out of asset management system
- Catalog, log, tag and add meta data to media
- Perform visual and audio spot-checks, spelling and subtitle checks.
- Validate files and produce technical reports
- Data ingest, send or copy
- Handle raw stock, degaussing, and cleaning
- Create playlists and organize files as directed
- Execute automated media transformations
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Consumer level digital media experience expected such as home video camcorders, consumer level photo and video editing tools, and home music or video library management software, such as iMovie, Adobe Premiere, Garage Band, iTunes, AfterEffects, PhotoShop
- Detail orientated
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, timelines and deals effectively with pressure
- Able to identify and raise issues as appropriate with supervisors
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized in order to meet commitment and productivity standards
- Multi-tasks by switching smoothly from one project or task to another
- Takes ownership and responsibility for work progress
- Ability to work well in a team environment and applies strong interpersonal skills in daily work activities
- Expresses written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way
- Basic knowledge of the workflows and services offered within a digital facility (with the ability to learn and grasp new workflow concepts in the context of the industry’s changing requirements).
- Entertainment industry experience preferred.
- High School Degree
- BA Degree in Communications, Film Studies, or other Production related major
Additional Information:This position is covered by the IATSE – Local 700. If not currently a member, you will be required to join the Motion Picture Editors Union after the first 30 days of employment.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.