Already applied?View Dashboard
Digital Sales PlannerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 712698BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 18, 2019
The Planner position will act as a Global Ad Operations lead for their assigned holding company. They will provide subject matter expertise on advertisers’ specific preferences and guide other operational staff to achieve industry leading client service. Planners will work across multiple networks and systems to provide unified plans and support to the sales team. Planners are responsible for building sales proposals for the Disney Ad Sales team across Disney digital offerings. The Sales Planner is responsible for knowledge of product offerings, analyzing deal delivery, managing liability, assigning makegoods, researching marketplace intelligence. Sales Planners must be able to become experts on the pre-sale sales process to communicate effectively with various teams across Disney’s sales organization, as well as build and maintain external relationships resulting in superior customer service of each assigned account.
- Responsible to build proposals across multiple medias and/or networks and their different systems to provide unified plans to the sales team.
- Works across multiple networks within the Disney Ad Sales brand.
- Provides Account and Planning subject matter expertise on advertisers’ specific preferences
- Develop, create and maintain sales proposals driving revenue through strategic packaging of assigned Disney network(s)
- Partner and support Sales Managers, Account Executives, Revenue Yield Management and Ad Ops Management on the planning and deal life cycle
- Analyzes campaign delivery and assigns make-good inventory
- Adjusts proposal accordingly to react to major schedule changes and/or under pacing
- Identify areas for improvement in operational efficiencies and provide recommended solutions
- Adhere to all department’s Service Level Agreements
- Ensure accuracy of all internal reporting for your assigned accounts, updating ordered/held/working status, liability, flight and programming changes
- Ensure deal elements and advertiser preferences are accurately reflected in proposal criteria
- Leverage deal expertise to proactively recommend optimized inventory solutions and opportunities
- Translate the marketing elements into the campaign proposal
- Ensure deal points and deal requests are approved and shared with Sales Teams, Inventory & Revenue Management
- Communicate effectively with agency contacts in order to properly deliver proposals, revisions and fulfill any and all day to day requests
- Minimum 1 year of digital related industry experience
- Has intermediate knowledge of Disney Ad Sales and operations processes
- Working knowledge of media math
- Can operate within the context of highly defined, routine processes and procedures adhering to organizational deadlines
- Proven leadership & problem solving skills
- Has knowledge of Disney’s multimedia properties
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Has experience and enjoys both working independently and collaboratively with a team
- Interested in working in a fast paced, team environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.