Digital Studio Services Intern, Studios - Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 520871BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 03/27/2018
Job Summary:Disney Digital Studio Services provides on-lot technical and creative services at the Walt Disney Studios related to finishing and distributing movies across The Walt Disney Companies portfolio of brands (Pixar, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Walt Disney Animation and Pictures. We are focused on the future and how Disney can lead the way. Our Mission is to help our colleagues and filmmakers master challenges and complexities of today's digital production, post production, marketing and distribution workflows.
- QA End to End analysis
- Partner with various departments across Studio operations to identify each areas and extent a QC step occurring within the workflow, starting with source components down to package deliverables.
- Model out costs associated with each QC step
- Contribute to informing a future cost/time savings QC strategy that also improves quality
- Data Refinement strategy
- Identify ways to clean up a large amount of unstructured data that results from QC reports and various operational spreadsheets.
- Ascertain patterns within the data sets that would allow for formulaic approaches to gather data into a database structures that will allow for analysis and improved modeling.
- Contribute to streamlining duplicate efforts around data collection and look for solutions to prevent redundancy.
- Proven interest in media & entertainment; specific interest/experience in post-production is a plus
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong Excel (quantitative analysis/modeling) and presentation making skills (PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi)
- Strong experience with Visio or equivalent
- Ability to take direction, work independently, multitask, and adapt to change
- Work experience ideally in roles involving cross-departmental projects and multiple stakeholder-management
- Good applied statistic skills, such as distributions, statisical testing, regression, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Understanding of database querying language and Statistical programming languages like R or Python a plus
Required EducationPursuing undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or Operations Management
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available full time for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.