Director, Ad Sales Finance - StrategyApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7117290620220320 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Key projects will focus on optimizing existing revenue channels while unlocking new digital channels with a focus on DMED’s direct-to-consumer digital strategy. Projects include programmatic and audience-based buying, unlocking demand from small/medium sized businesses in addition to established major marketers, and informing content and ad product strategy to maximize monetization opportunity for growth. This role will be instrumental in forming the long-range roadmap for The Walt Disney Company’s advertising and ad tech strategy and will work cross-functionally across multiple internal teams, including finance, product, sales, operations, and business development.
Projects include and not limited to:
- Leading the five-year strategic planning process; market research to identify key growth trends to inform the long range plan with a focus on US domestic and lens on international
- Product incubation, capital investments, and launch support to stable revenue streams: e.g. programmatic, self-service, and data enabled
- Evaluating the financial impact of new advertising products and capabilities, optimizing mix
- Creating pro forma economic models to evaluate commercial partnership deal terms: Data (1P, 2P, and 3P), devices, measurement, distribution, DSPs etc.
- Supporting projects across multiple operational groups to develop and refine key business processes and reporting aligned with our long-term strategic roadmap
- Closely manage projects and project leads from beginning to end
- Manage day-to-day communication and provide updates to the leadership team, while Identifying key issues and mitigation
- Develop executive-level presentations to summarize strategic initiatives for the leadership team
- Create ad hoc financial models and analyses to support decision making and strategic initiatives
Basic Qualifications :
- 10+ years of professional experience in management consulting, strategic planning, or investment banking.
- 7+ years in a management function leading teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, build consensus, and deliver results in fast paced environments
- Advanced technical skills in Excel and PowerPoint. Nimble in ad hoc, financial modeling for decision support
- Strong analytic mindset, ability to structure and handle ambiguous data and projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
Preferred Qualifications :
- Media, Advertising, Ad Tech (DSPs, SSPs) experience preferred
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, math, science or quantitative field
Preferred Education :
- MBA highly preferred
The Team :
The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) group is a new, global business segment that is responsible for all monetization of content—both distribution and ad sales—and oversees the operations of the Company’s streaming services (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, among others) as well as domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
The Ad Sales Strategy team identifies, evaluates, and implements strategic initiatives to drive advertising revenue for Disney’s portfolio of brands across all linear and digital formats. The team focuses on cross-functional projects that will best position Disney for long-term success in today’s rapidly changing media and advertising landscape.
By collaborating with key stakeholders and leading cross functional projects, the team's primary objective is to identify new revenue channels while enhancing existing ones through commercial and data partnerships, advanced advertising products, and strategic alignment across sales, operations, product, and finance.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.