Director, Alliance ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 10031773 Location Burbank, California, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 20, 2023
Director, Alliance Management
Anaheim, United States / Burbank, United States / Lake Buena Vista, United States
Disney’s Marketing Partnerships, Alliances, and Card Services team develops and holistically manages complex, long-term, multi-dimensional relationships with select brands and companies. This team is dedicated to creating incremental value to The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) and its partners through creative development of marketing and sponsorship programs, management of partner relationships across all business units at TWDC, and the creation of new partnerships aligned with TWDC’s businesses and strategic goals.
The Alliance Management team is responsible for directing the growth and development of a complex portfolio of key Alliance partners with material relationships across multiple Disney business units (BUs) globally over the long-term. The Director of Alliance Management consults, analyzes, negotiates, and forms deep relationships with third-party strategic Alliances (representing both B2B and B2C brands) to provide a more holistic management of the account execution across multiple BUs than could be done by either the Alliance partner or an individual business unit.
This role develops and leads business and co-branded marketing programs from inception to execution across multiple touchpoints, including product development, marketing materials, media amplification, trade support and PR. The Director of Alliance Management drives value to partners and TWDC by developing innovative go-to-market marketing and sales strategies based on a deep understanding of target audience insights, industry and market dynamics, short- and long-term business objectives, financial performance, and ongoing measurement of KPIs. This position requires an individual who can effectively navigate and influence key senior decision makers and articulate short- and long-term recommendations to drive value to TWDC and its partners.
The Director, Alliance Management will:
- Drive the long-term account strategy and annual account plan to deliver value to the Alliance partner and to Disney stakeholders through these strategic partnerships.
- Develop and maintain a high-level of understanding of ongoing trends in the marketplace and the specific partners’ industries to keep ahead of partner expectations and competition for partner marketing resources.
- Lead development of appropriate metrics to reflect the Alliance’s return on investment and provide regular reporting, tracking, and analysis to all stakeholders, including quarterly account business dashboards.
- Act as a liaison to TWDC business units in understanding and communicating the BU’s strategies, business plans, and resources to the select Alliance account portfolio.
- Partner with TWDC business units to articulate and communicate Corporate Alliances’ strategies, business plans, and resources back to the BU.
- Act as the key day-to-day executive point of contact for assigned Alliances for compliance with the Alliance agreement, account planning and development, and resolution of issues for both the Alliance partner and the stakeholder BUs.
- Using the combined knowledge and needs of the partner and Disney BUs, proactively seek opportunities to drive material value for TWDC and the partner by identifying, developing, and negotiating new promotional, marketing, product distribution, and/or sponsorship projects, initiatives, or events.
- Build and motivate a high performing team, including performance evaluations, pay reviews, training needs, and typical hire/fire decisions.
- Partner with the Corporate Alliances Business Development team to identify category value opportunities and lead contract renewals, extensions, and amendments.
- Develop strong relationships with the Corporate Alliances Directors to ensure seamless account communication, execution, and BU integration.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze deal terms to create a financial model of the agreement and understand practical implications of executing each of the terms.
- Develop formal negotiation plans with talking points for each negotiation session.
- Work interactively with legal resources and BU stakeholders throughout the negotiation process.
- Document final agreement with a package of a signed contract, financial model, and preliminary execution plan to communicate with BU stakeholders.
- 8+ years of marketing/consulting/agency experience with demonstrated progression in leadership
- 5 years minimum of contracting/negotiating/business development experience
- 5 years minimum of consumer marketing experience supporting and developing marketing strategy for Fortune 500 companies
- 5 years minimum of leadership experience
- Proven experience in strategic planning, brand management, relationship management, marketing strategy, and promotional activations
- Proven experience managing/working with creative agencies and creative teams to ensure direction and execution delivers on identified business objectives
- Proven experience in developing consumer and/or trade marketing strategy, execution, and financial analysis
- Proven ability to coordinate directly with Vice Presidents and Senior Vice Presidents and other executive staff on a regular basis to investigate proposals and resolve execution issues
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Demonstrated expert communication, facilitation, and conflict-management skills
- Demonstrated broad and in-depth knowledge of TWDC business lines.
- Previous business development experience in a promotions/marketing/sales/leasing capacity
- Previous domestic (US) and international business development experience
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally 25-50% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or other related field or equivalent work experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The hiring range for this position in California is $180,072.00 to $241,560.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.