Director, Broadcast Syndication & Content SalesApply NowApply Later Job ID 788502BR Location New York, New York, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 11, 2021
- Formulates Sales strategies for the Southeast region
- Collaborates and guides long-range plans for the region
- Leverage experience in the media industry to manage accounts
- Work with the sales team in developing, strategizing, negotiating, and closing deals
- Work with team to drive implementation of content strategies and content distribution deals
- Collaborate with research and analytics teams to leverage data to identify new sales opportunities and increase revenue from existing accounts
- This position requires some travel
- Demonstrated knowledge of content distribution, marketplace intelligence, emerging technology and competitive landscape is essential
- Ability to quickly establish oneself as confident and credible with Executive Management
- Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and persuasive influential presentations
- Exhibits strong skills in interpersonal communication and writing
- A proven leader in setting directions in order to meet operating goals
- Established relationships within the US syndication and sales community
- 8+ years of experience managing local media sales
- Must have a passion for media/entertainment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and structurally, with a track record in cross-platform content licensing or syndication
- Exceptional people skills – including written and communications skills required to build and maintain excellent client relationships
- Detail oriented
- Advanced sales negotiation and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business Administration or related field required
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.