Director - Business Affairs (ABC Studios)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738635BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
- Structuring, negotiating, documenting, and managing the studio’s transactions to engage above-the-line talent (writers, producers, directors and actors), acquire underlying rights, and license the studio’s content on all broadcast, basic and pay cable, and on-demand platforms.
- Working in a highly collaborative fashion with other Business Affairs and Legal Affairs members and members of Creative, Production, Production Finance, Programming, Acquisitions, Marketing, Brand Management, and Digital Media.
- Interfacing with the distribution arms of the Walt Disney Company in connection with the exploitation of studio content to ensure optimal windowing of studio content globally.
- Establishing and maintaining client relationships with regular, effective and timely communications concerning deal negotiation and business strategy.
- Collaborating with Legal Affairs to get long-form agreements signed on a timely basis.
- Working with contracts administration on tracking of contractual options for properties and talent, payments, and deal summaries.
- Following “best practices” and contributing towards improving deal parameters, deal memo templates, departmental process and procedures, as well as great ideas and creative problem solving on deals and projects.
- Significant experience as a business affairs executive handling scripted programming for a major US television studio or US television network.
- Proven track record as a skilled negotiator and deal-maker, with strong drafting abilities, exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Solid expertise with respect to guild and union agreements, contracts, and intellectual property law.
- Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment, with a strong commitment to learning and excellence.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and time management skills, with keen attention to detail and the ability to execute against multiple high-priority projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of holding to the highest degree of honesty and integrity.
- CA Bar membership
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.